Monday, July 7, 2014

Openshaw Reunion 2014!


The kids keeping themselves entertained. I don't get it because I think it was like 98 degrees you could see the sweat on Houston's little face. Not sure why you would want to get berried in this heat. To top it off there was a park like 50 feet away.   

Uncle Dale he is the oldest.

Grandma Jan Haslem. She is the baby.
 
Aunt Fay. The middle child and the host.

Every reunion we get to guess how many are in the jar. Its tradition, and wouldn't be a reunion with out it.  Both Tucker won a jar. Mom might have helped a little. They were so excited. So was I.


We had the Openshaw Reunion this year on the 5th of July.  It was so hot even though we were under the pavilion I wasn't do dye from the heat.  I am grateful that we had the shad, because it would have been a hole lot worse. It was fun to see all these people I haven't  seen them for a while. I don't know if its because I am bigger or what, but it seemed smaller then I remember.  I know we don't do them every year.  I have been trying to remember when the last one I went to was, and I can't remember.  they rotate between the three sibling.  Uncle Dale,  Aunt Fay, and Grandma. From now on if we have them it is the next generations turn. The torch was turned over this reunion, so it well be interesting  to see if we have any more.
I have to go off track. While we were at the reunion Tucker came up to us and said look at the smoke.  There was a fire that started just up from Stinaker Reservoir.  It has cleared  around 30 or 300 acres (sorry I don't have that pinned down) and, took out some cabins. They had to evacuate the residents that live right up to the mountain and some that live in the mountain. We were at a BBQ for Randan's Grandpa's birthday and there was ash falling like snow. It's not out but contained.  One of the Lady's that is in the Primary with me is a certified EMT and fire fighter. I talk with her on Sunday, and she said she was on the front line, and there was a moment when she got a little scared. They always have an exit plan, and the flames we about 30 feet where they were trying to keep a structure safe  the only way out was thru some flames.  I am so grateful there a people willing to fight fires.  I don't think I could do it. They are not sure what started it there was one rumor that lightning struck a propane tank by a cabin and blew. we have had some lightning storms up that way, so it could be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment