Thursday, July 10, 2014

F H E @ Red Canyon!





I am not sure how there are people that have these nice pictures of there children standing just right and everyone is looking at the camera.  As you can plainly tell from the five pictures above (with the exception of one) that is NOT how we roll.  We might be that family that they post the pictures on the internet and make fun of, but I guess I don't care, because I love them all the same. They are adorable . My children will not sit steel.  I assume that they will grow out of it I mean I am talking about a five and one year old.
Ok I will get to the point. I think I might have mention before that the Michael Haslem family get together every other week to have a F H E. This time Tucker was sick both Monday and Tuesday, so it got bumped to Wednesday. Mom came up with the idea that she wanted to go for a ride on the mountain and got to ether Red Canyon or Flaming Gorge Restaurant.  We decided to go to Red Canyon. They have a little pond that the kids can catch and release,  right by the pond is log swing. I could get use to something like that.
It is very slow service there and so mom took the kids out for a walk while we were waiting.
They watched all the birds and looked for fish. Raegan got close to getting stung by a bee.  Very adventurous this bunch.  
After we ate we walked down to where they have paddle boats, regular boats and theses boards you can stand on and paddle (sorry not up on the water sports).  I thought it would be fun to rent a paddle boat and go out, (not bad for and hour $10.00) but once I got down there I realized there was water in the base, which isn't bad, I was just very cold, and it was getting late. Tucker wanted to go out and tried to get a vest to go.  Mom told him we will have to come back and go. The hole time we were there I keep thinking about that time we had a Willis and Carol Southam reunion here. I remember being a little nervous to see all my cousin that I don't get  to see all the time, but also very excited.
Finally were drove out to the Red Canyon and walked around the trail (my camera ran out of battery so there are no pictures).  This is where Randan proposed to me, and I don't think I had been there sense that event.  Talk about the flood of memories. It was a very fun evening and would mind doing more like them.
P.S. Christine and her kids weren't able to be with us, because of base ball, and it was their night to go back with Justin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment