Friday, August 16, 2013

Manwaring Reuion 2013!

Last Friday and Saturday was the Manwaring Reunion at the Heber Valley Camp (where all girls go for Girls Camp). The earliest we could be there was 3:00 I think, well anyway we got there around 5:00 got unloaded found which room we were going to be in and went and ate. We had Spaghetti, roll's with butter, green salad, corn, and a smorgasbord of deserts. After we ate there was a program the coolest music thing we did with everyone you would whack different seized pipes that were color codded to match the colors on a poster board and it made a tune, and a getting to know you game. The picture above is of Grandma Southam and all her sibling singing "Have I told you lately that I love you." I guess Grandpa and Grandma Manwaring would sing that to one another.
Next we watched slide DVD with pictures of a lot of people I don't know. I guess that is my own fault. Mostly I tried to keep track of my son running off in the woods. Mom did help me with most of the people and I will tell ya Grandpa Manwaring was quite the looker.
The next day we were in charge of breakfasts we had bacon, eggs, pancakes, lots of fruit, and orange juice. There were some games the kids and some of the adults could play but I went and helped clean up Mom's Garamdma's and my sleeping mess. We stayed with Aunt Dinna, Brittany and her two kid, and Bethany Just about this time they did a auction and auctioned of some quilt blocks and half made quilts Grandma Manwaring had started. I got  a multi colored quilt block basket, and if I ever get a blanket made out of it I will take a picture and show. After the auction we ate lunch which was sloppy Joe's, chips, potato salad, macaroni salad, and cookies.  We hung around to see who got the raffle which was a fully made quilt that Grandma Manwaring made I think the only thing was some one finished it by putting a bottom on it. I entered but Aunt Lawana got it.  We had to wait to be check off on our cleaning duty's, but once we cleared mom and I headed off the mountain to Provo because I have a cousin serving a mission and we were so close that we decided to stay a night and watch he talk. I love getting to got and see people I haven't seen in years. They say there is another is two years so until then.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment