Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cocoon


Tucker's friend and Kayden, Houston, and Aubree's cousin Caleb called tucker last week and wanted him to come over and pick a caterpillar to watch it turn into a butterfly.  I set up a time with his mom and we went over for about and hour.  Tucker loved playing in their creek they have running on the side of their yard.  They would take sticks, get the seaweed, and through it back into the water.  
We ended up with two caterpillars one for Tucker (his is the one in the cocoon) and one for Raegan (hers is not shown). They will both turn into monarch butterfly's.  Tuckers was the bigger of the two so of corse his is in the cocoon first.  they will only eat milk weed so I had to go find some today for raegans, we don't have any around our house, don't worry we have every other variety and lots of dirt. Weeds and dirt that's us. As I was driving to town I found some along the side of the road.  I hope hers dose as tuckers.
I have never seen a cocoon in real life so this is fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment