Thursday, August 28, 2014

Tucker's First Day Of Kindergarten!









Got on the bus to ride it for the first time

Got of the bus to got to school.  I missed him coming down the stairs.  This was the best I could do.

Finding his seat.

Trying to open BLUE play dough that was at his seat.

Getting on bus to come home.  We had some problems with which bus number he would be ridding home. They changed it the first day of school for the older kids and didn't fix it on there records for the d kindergarten kids who started school a week later then the older kids.  The bus he goes to school on isn't the same one he rides home.

Getting off the bus to come home.

I gave these to Tucker after school.  They were in Raegan's Happy meal and though Tucker would like them the last happy meal he got he didn't want the toy  because it was a girl toy, so he gave it to Raegan.  She returned the favor.
 
The kids playing with Tuckers play dough he got at school the day before. 
 
This keeps them both busy for hours.
 
It his hard to believe that I have a child in the school system.  I am very excited for him to go and spread his wings, and at the same time it makes me feel lonely. Yes I have Raegan to have fun with and keep me occupied but Raegan is Raegan and Tucker is Tucker.  The are unique in their own way.  I think this being my first experience it is hopefully rougher then when you send each of your other kids, or maybe I am a woos.  I have never been a mom who likes to pawn off her kids.  I am to much of a helicopter mom wants to know everything about my kids.  To a fault.  I know they need some space to grow.  Hopefully I will get better as time goes.
 
I asked Tucker how his day was after we got him off the bus, and this is what he said: 
"I loved it.  I really like ridding the bus.  I have a girl that is a friend (he doesn't know her name.) We got to play on the play ground.  We played a game to get acquainted with all the kids in the class .  My note book is Purple, and we don't have assigned seats yet."  And all that I had to drag out of him.
 
His teacher is Miss Batty.  She was in my ward growing up.  We are the same age.  Her dad and my dad are first cousins.  I am really excited to see this school year play out, and all the fun things he will get to do.  I am excited to see him grow, learn, and make new friends.   Yesterday during one of my bawling fits Randan told me "just think in 14 years we could be pulling away from provo. "    I know it was coming from a good place but yah!  It didn't help.





1 comment:

  1. Those are all great pictures. Love how excited he looks. How confusing for a little kid, well any kids really to have to remember two different bus numbers.

    ReplyDelete