Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family and Music

I was able to spend time with my family from Salt Lake City this last week. We had so much fun. We took the kids to the Splash Park, ate dinner at Cafe Rio, had desert @ Randan and my house, Made head bands, and the best part Talked and Talked. I love it when I can spend time with any of the Southam woman. You hear the saying "There is power in numbers" This is true. When all 5 of my Grandma and Grandpa Southam's daughters are all together you feel like you got the best tickets in the world to the best entertainment in the world. Don't get me wrong you have a lot of fun with even one. I don't want to down play that. My aunt Denna Came with her three girls. Brittany, Breanna, and Bethany. We had a BBQ with Ben, Koda, and Shasta's family also. That is where some of the talking came in. All in all I totally enjoyed it. Breanna and I were talking about music, and what we liked. It got me thinking of all the songs that I am into right now, so I sat down and wrote them down. I think that someday when I look back I will enjoy knowing what I liked, so I am going to catalog it.
1. Katy Perry Ft. Kanye West. "ET" This one is iffy that is why it is first. I love the music . I am not a Kanye West fan he gets a little to crud for the likes of me. I am also  very very very picky on my rap. The lyrics in this song go a little  over for me. I don't recommend watching the video it's just weird.  As I am re- reading this it sounds like I hate the song more then I like it. I dint know how to explain it there is just something that I like about it. OK done with that one.
2. Easotn Corbin "I cant love you back"
3. Blake Shelton "Who are you when I'm not looking"
4. Jason Alden "Dirt road anthem"
5. Shaina Twain "Today is your day"
6. Eric Church " Come on home boy"
7. Josh Turner "I wouldn't be a man"
Well that is most of them.  I have always loved music. I took voice lessons for a few months, but this was like all the other extracurricular activity's I didn't finish, or put my all into, so I'm not very good. I always got discouraged, because it wasn't going fast enough for me. I wasn't catching on fast enough, or progressing fast enough. I also would get scared to perform. I don't like being up in front, yikes!
Boy do I regret it. That is sad, because who wants to regret stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment