Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jury Duty!

About  month ago I was summonsed to jury duty. I had a little anxiety not knowing what to expect. I had never been summonsed up till this point. I had to be there at 8:15 am. When I arrived there were people trickling in. We all had to walk thru a metal detector. I of course beeped, so they had me assume the position, and ran the wand over me. Once I got all checked in we sat in a Court room for what seemed like for ever. (It was only an hour) The judge came out at told us they would not need our services this day. He also told us that there was some new evidence that had come to light the night before, so they needed more time. The case was on a man that ether sexually assaulted or was sexually assaulted in jail. I couldn't quite get that part. The persona of jury duty has always been that it takes to much time , and nobody wants to do it. I think that I would have wanted to see how a case really plays out, and  not how the TV portrays them to be. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to get to see that.

1 comment:

  1. That has always been a fear of mine. I was sure with my luck I would get a year long trail. So do you get to got back? Where you summoned for that trail or the day??

    ReplyDelete