Thursday, April 7, 2011

After and Before




I  know that  you generally say " Before and After," but I messed up on how I loaded the pictures, and I am to lazy to fix it. Not only that but I named the entree before this one "Before and After." Couldn't have two the same. How silly would that be.
I love to decorate, and am always changing it. My likes change, or I like so much that I want to change it all the time. In decor that is. The rest of the time I have a hard time with change.  Because of this I have a very hard time spending lots of money to decorate something that will be changed in a short time. I also love to make something out of nothing. It gives me a high to spend penny's on something, and make it look like I spent hundreds. Hence I love to shop at the DI or garage sales. Anywhere I can find a good deal.
 These are some plates that I found at the DI. Some of them I found last summer, others I found a week or two ago. Yes also at the DI.  I finally felt like I had enough that I could do what I had envisioned and came up with how I wanted to finish them. (some times it takes a while to get the creative juices flowing) I was also worried on how I was going to make them look esthetically pleasing on the wall. You know kinda missed matched but make it look like it was suppose to be that way. Make it flow, so I did a trick I have read in magazines, and see on TV. I traced the plates on paper then hung the paper up. If I didn't like where it was just simply moved it, pounded a nail when I got it right, removed the paper, and hung the corresponding  plate to the corresponding paper. This is the finished  product.  I am happy with it. That is till the next idea comes around.

2 comments:

  1. Your fabulousness is killing me slowly!!! Love it! I mean, I love the plates...not that you are killing me, haha, but seriously you are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was creative. Mom is always telling us about a coat you got at DI when you lived with Natalie, how you just changed buttons and shortened it and whaalaa you had a hip new coat. I wish I could envision things like that. Good Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete