Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ran out of Gas!

Tucker received this Little Tike's Cozy Coupe for his birthday this year. Form Grandma and Grandpa Vincent.  He was playing with it one night, and I had him drive up to me (I was on the couch).  I took his sippy cup out of the back , and proceeded to fill up his gas tank.  Now every time he gets his coupe out to play he makes sure to fill it up. This reminds me of when I was little my most fond memories are of  summers when we could ride are bikes and play house. We would use are bikes as cars and pull up to mail boxes and us them as fast food restaurants and gas stations. Grandma and Grandpa Southam had a tree in there yard that  half grew on there side of the fence, and the other grew on the road side there was a little irrigation ditch that ran in between the tree and the road so we put a plank of wood, and would walk over it to get under the tree. Under the tree we had a old little tike's kitchen on top of a old spool that held fencing for grandpa. Of a table we had a bigger spool turned on is side and for a couch we had an old truck bench seat that was black vinyl. Up in the top of the tree my cousins, Ben and Koda built rooms with old pallets that My Grandpa Southam built for extra money (they were left over). We attached a bucket to a rope, and would put are baby dolls, or dinner in, and send it up to who ever was up there. We had some old pot, and pans that we would dig up dirt, and then take water from the irrigation stream, and make mud pie's.  We let them dry in the sun, stack them, and them ice them like cakes. We would use tree leaves to decorate, and if we were really good we would press the leaves in the dirt and take them out before they were all  the way dry so there was a leaf impression. I will remember this till the day I die. I had so much fun under that tree, and riding bikes ( weather the bikes were at are house, or grandma and grandpa's). Some will tell you that I was bossy and would let them be the cook. If this is true ( I personally don't remember it that way). I apologize. I always  thought I asked, and I just ended up there.  To try and tie this all together. When I saw Tuck with the cozy coupe it took me back to those summers. Very nostalgic.

1 comment:

  1. I really love that you put your childhood memories on your blog. I think one day you children will really love reading about the things you remember.

    ReplyDelete