Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Memories

First of all I want to say that I don't want this to be a pity party. I started this blog so that I could catalog, or journal my life (like my friend Joie told me I can print this all out at the end of each year).  That's what I am doing this. Yesterday was two year's since my father past a way. It was such a shock to all of us. I guess that any accident is a shock.  I am so grateful that my family and I have knowledge and testimonies of the gospel. As we have reflected on the events that happened leading up to, and even after, we were able to see may blessing's even down to a free dump day. I wanted to catalog some of my memories and qualities of my father.
1. Very intelligent.
2. Had a true Testimony, and magnified his callings to the fullest.
3. Major tees almost ruthless.
4. Loved his family with all his heart, and loved his time with them.
5. Very organized. Loved it when the house was clean and yards manicured just so.
6. One of the hardest workers I know.
7. Very handsome.
8. He loved to fly fish and was very good at it. He made his own fly's, and self taught on both.
9. I knew that if I had any trouble with anything that he could fix it.
10. Loved,  loved, loved, being a Grandfather.
11. Sang really quite well.
12. Had a temper
13. Last but not least he helped Randan and I finish ower house. I am able to go around and see things that he did and remember all the hard work he did for us. He wanted it to be so perfect and when something wouldn't match up he would figure it out or it frustrated him. For instants My bathroom door's molding he had to peace together that bothered him, but now with him being gone I love to look at it, and tell him hi.
I miss my dad and love him with all my heart but I also know with all my heart that I will be able to see him again. That is if I live worthy. Better get to work.

P.S. If I could figure out how to scan a picture in on my printer then I would have had some pictures for this one. Maybe I can do some later when I have Randans help.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Kath. As I read that list of qualities you love about your father, I can see some of the same things in you(2,4,5,6). It's hard to believe he is not here sometimes, but I guess he is never too far when he has left so many memories and loved ones behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with Joie on the qualities! You are amazing Kathy!

    ReplyDelete