Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mothers Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. We went up to my Mother and Father-in-law's, and had dinner. We had fried chicken, french fries,onion rings, some salads, and  angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream for desert.  The bike you see above is what Randan got me for Mother,s Day. I told him about it a while ago not thinking any thing of it, and two days before mothers day he asked what I wanted between three things. This was one of my choices. I was able to go get it yesterday. The weather has not been very good the last three days we have got lots of rain and wind, so I didn't ride it but up the lane, and only to see if I needed to adjust anything. I might want to raise the handle bars. I also need to find something that I can put Tucker in, or on so he can go with me. I truly got spoiled this year.  
There are times when being a mother is hard, and I think what did I get my self into. I always wonder if I am doing, or saying the right thing, so that I, with Randan, and Heavenly Fathers help can raise a valiant, honorable son of are father in heavens. I was scared to death to have kids. I always wanted them very much, I just had to get over the hurtle of  nine months of doctors visits and possibly coming in contact with needles. Oh ya,  and lets not forget the actual delivery, and all that goes along with it.  I am terrified when it comes to doctors, needles, and hospitals. The smell can even do me in.  I didn't realize that I need to be a little more worried about the part after that. The responsibility it takes. I want to do it perfectly. I thought I was prepared, but when I got home my maternal instinct's kicked in, and I started to see where I wasn't prepared at all. The baby blues hit, and wow was I in for it. I don't think that it helped that I had tucker in January when there is no sun. The next three to four weeks after having Tucker  was total fog cover, and that is never good for me. Another hurtle was: Tucker was only two and half weeks old, and my dad passed away. Wow was that a blow, so sudden, and  unexpected.   I hope that you can get how much I love being a mom by me saying simply, "I ADORE BEING A MOM."  That my ranting doesn't drowned that out, because that is the main purpose for this entry.  Me saying, "I love being a mother."

1 comment:

  1. I just know you are the best mother ever! I can just imagine you riding down the lane with Tucker one day when he figures out how to ride bike. You sooo need to have kristi take some photos of you on your bike with little tucker in a basket! That would be so adorable. I love you Kathy, you are the most loving mom ever and Tucker is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete