Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Vacation 2015: Day two

Of course the state line.
It was about two hours from St. George.

Our lovely lunch spot.


On the way there were these beautiful meadows that came to the edge of the tidy tree line.  


Randans Selfie.

Entrance to the Park.







So if you haven't guessed we went to the North Point of the Grand Canyon on our second day.  It was another hot day with the air conditioning being so indecisive, but wow the beauty.  Absolutely gorgeous.   
This was the last day I took Pictures because this night I woke up late, around three in the morning with a sever pain in my eye, and it felling like there were rocks in it. It wouldn't stop watering and the only relief I could get was to put a wet cold rag on it, and hope my eye's didn't move. When the morning came, and we had to get up, the light was killer. I couldn't open my eye's.  Thank heavens for Randan, because he found me a doctor and drove me there.  The doc looked at my eye and, said that I had an infection.  He took a picture, and lone behold there was a little puss pocket on my eye.  He prescribed some eye drops that I am steel taking.  I am so grateful for doctors and drugs.   
I guess you also need to know that later that day our air conditioner finally died. It was the hottest day our hole trip. The thermometer read 115 degrees, and you might also like to know that at night when you usually get relief that there was non, it stayed 90 to 100 degrees, so we broke down and bought a new car.  We were talking about getting a new one any way and we got a very good deal. To get the air conditioner fixed it would have taken three days and 1,000 dollars.
Sean and Crystal finally got into town around 10:00 pm this same night.  We decided to get up early, and move them when it was the coolest.  Well that is if you consider 90 cool.  
I wish I would have been able to get more pictures of the last two days that is the only regret. 
I guess I am going to say that this is a vacation that I will never forget.  I had so much fun.  Air conditioner, heat, eye, and all.   

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about your eye. That sounds painful. Hope it is better soon. Sad about the pictures also, I was really enjoying them. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your vacation. It all sounds really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that your AC died out in the midst of very high temperatures. What could be more of an excessive situation than that? During those times, you can only seek a respite from the assault of such harsh climate. I hope that you get a really good AC soon, so that you won’t have the same problem again, or at least have a backup if the first one has completely failed.

    Rosa Nelson @ HVAC Services Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete