Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Front Door Face Lift.




When we built this house I didn't want just a regular white front door. I wanted something original and fun, so going thru the paint swatches I found some fun colors. If you can remember from older posts my door was like a burnt orange. I was getting tired of that color and saw a front door in town that was dark teal, and I just couldn't get it out of my mind.  I loved it. I went a shad or three lighter, and like it just as much.
 
The desk was my mom's good friend's and when she was moving back to Texas she didn't want to have to move it, so she let me have it. I am sorry I didn't do a before and after picture, (I am horrible at that) but it was blue and nature wood. the pictures are not doing it justice with the color. the lighter color is reading ok but the darker color is not looking right. To tell you the truth the dark color is the color I was going to do my door originally.  The milk can is the same color and the dark color of the desk. It was Grandma and Grandpa Southam's  I want to put the year we moved into this house on it, but I am steal thinking about it, and how I want to do it if at all.
 
Ok I am sure you might be wondering what is with the knee picture, well I need to post this for my mom I told her I would show her what I did to my leg. She was out of town when this happened, and this was the only way I knew how to show her. I was sanding the desk previously mentioned, and the sand paper on my sander flew off while I was sanding which made my sander skip some how and when it skipped it caught my leg. My advice don't wear shorts while sanding.
 
P.S. the door hanging or wreath what ever you want to call it I made from so old pallets laying around here. I bought the burlap and "V" but everything else I had, and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!! Great color. So sorry about your leg. That seems very painful. :(

    ReplyDelete