Friday, September 4, 2015

Dilly Beans

This was our first attempt to can Dilly Beans.  I remember my Great Grandma Openshaw was always canning something all summer.  You would walk into her house and could smell it.  Her and Grandpas gardens were always gorgeous.  Thanks to my aunt and uncle I was able to try these this year.  I didn't have any beans and Randan said he wanted to try some.  I knew that my aunt and uncle had planted some, so I called, and they graciously provided. 
I have been sick the last few days, so pour Randan set the first batch. They were getting old, and needed set.  I got up the next morning, and set the second( I wasn't going to make him do the hole thing).  We got 18 bottles. We have to let them set for a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.   

1 comment:

  1. What a good husband you have. Hope you are feeling better. They look good.

    ReplyDelete