Saturday, July 28, 2012

Potty Trainning!



I have been for the last year trying any thing and every thing I could think of to get Tucker to potty train. We have bribed with Dumb Dumb sucker (his favorite) we have put him in time out. We have let him wear underwear. I knew his body was ready. He would wake up with dry diapers. I knew he knew what he was doing. He would acted ashamed, and hide. He didn't want me to watch, and get really upset if I was around. A couple of weeks ago I decided to give the underwear  another shot, so I put him in a pair, and we did wonderful that hole day. He was even running a fever, so I thought this is good right? The next day we put underwear on again. Half way though the day I couldn't hear his chatter any more, and I got worried, so I went looking for him. I found him leaning on a couch we have in our office, legs apart with diaria running down his legs right on  my carpet. I will tell you I didn't handle that very well, actually I am quite ashamed at my actions. While I was freaking out a thought came to me ( don't know how the spirit could have got through or was even present with my ranting) "You need to get one of those potty that are on there own, that sit on the ground." I have to admit I have thought about one in  the past, but they gross me out. Once I thought about it for a while I thought : "They aren't that different from whipping a dirty dipper bum." I got one three days latter, and we haven't had a diaper on sense. I am very particular on keeping it clean. We have a spray bottle with  a Clorox solution we wipe it down with every us. That helps my peace of mind.  It has been ten days tomorrow. My mom bought  Tucker this Jake and the Never Land Pirates boat 3 months ago as a bribe. It has sat on a shelf  for that long. We made that chart you see  in one of the pictures to let him mark off the days. He needed to use the toilet for 10 days in a row to get the boat. Tomorrow night he gets the boat. He is very excited. Mom and Dad are ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment